Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Skunked

I came down the broken brick staircase to my pool house (the place i don't call home) and heard a scuffling on the poorly lit path. Looked down saw a grey tail and got sprayed with something that smells like burnt rubber. Skunked sonny. In fact it might have been a badger not a skunk but skunks a better word. The odd thing is my heart started pumping as if confronted by a beast of prey only the beast in this case was the size of a toilet brush. I started singing "we are creatures creatures of the world" a nervous reaction i developed in childhood, you know, to sing as a way to cope with fear.

There are ants in my pool house and i often kill them. This morning i injured one of them while in the shower and then watched it writhe around . I have no idea if it was in pain or just dancing the death dance. I was at that moment a torturer and i felt a feeling soldiers in Abu Ghraib might comprehend as they torment and torture Afghani soldiers.

Reeks of rubber in hear really not nice and i have to sleep in it. Given the chance i may torture the Bastard Badger Skunk, only being that it's bigger in size, it's more of a commitment and the guilt factor goes up. Denial becomes more difficult to summon.

I love as much as i can but the old puerto rican told me i was too much in my head and that it would help to be more aware of my heart. He's right you know.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I do know, he's right! But you're right too, in your unrightness. Keep righting, I like it...

    ReplyDelete